Happy New Year! 2013 was full of great moments and I’m excited for some more in 2014. Here’s what went down last year and what’s lookin’ up for this one…
- Asking Emily Koncerak to marry me. (She said, yes.) Hands down, the best moment of the year.
- Completing my MBA at Kennesaw State University (recently ranked #22 in the country)
- Consulting with a church pastored by my former youth pastor. He poured into me significantly as a teenager. I loved being able to invest back into his ministry. (We developed a Strategic Blueprint that is streamlining ministry around mission.)
- Consulting with Kleen-Tex Industries to prepare for the U.S. launch of their first consumer product.
- Coaching a couple of church re-planters who I fully believe in.
- Simplifying the way we promote programs at Mount Paran Church to be more compelling.
- Launching and leading monthly All Staff Small Groups at Mount Paran Church.
- Having a couple of posts included on the Orange Leaders blog.
- Watching Tony Morgan lead The Unstuck Group from an idea to a reality.
- Of course, marrying Emily Koncerak.
- Releasing an eBook that I’ve written with Tony Morgan on measuring church health. Keep an eye out for this in the coming weeks.
- Now that the MBA is finished, having much more time to focus on blogging. Stay tuned for much more frequent content.
- Reading books I choose rather than books I’m assigned by professors.
- Completing a couple MOOCs — because classes are worth more than a degree. You can join me in this free Content Strategy course from Northwestern University.
- Running more…I’m speaking this one in faith.
- Seeing what other surprises God has up his sleeve. I’m learning that his plans are always better than mine.
The heart of man plans his way, but the Lord establishes his steps.
– Proverbs 16:9
What are your 2013 highlights and 2014 anticipations?